For my baby’s tatkaal
Among the documents required for sonny’s pp, one is birth certificate issued by registrar. Though I submitted the app form given from hospital to the MCH, it didn’t reflect in the online so I couldn’t apply for the BC at the e-seva. Even after 1 month or so there was no change. So I took a manual BC from the MCH (though the person who issued it was quite very sceptical whether it would be accepted. I din understand it then). At the PSK, they rejected it for 2 reasons.
- My husband’s last name wasn’t printed (our mistake, while registering)
- The BC was issued by Sub-Registrar & not the Registrar.
Hmph………had to book another slot for my baby & before that should get his BC corrected.
Went to the MCH & enquired.
For name correction:
- Original BC
- Application form for name change, duly signed by 2 gazetted officers
- 3 supporting document proofs for the name. (Here, my husband. Gave his passport copy, PAN, marriage certificate)
- A notary also signed by the person whose name is to be changed.
For 2nd, certificate collected from e-seva is enough, as it is registrar issued.
I applied. Was informed it would take 10 min working days. Actually, each person said 3 different times. Fingers crossed.