- Brown Lentils – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium
- Tomato – 1 large
- Green Chillies
- Curry Leaves
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Red Chilli powder
- Paprika (optional)
For Tempering :
- Curry leaves
– In a pressure cooker, add the washed & cleaned lentils, split green chillies, cut tomatotes & onions.
– Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, paprika( for color) & required amount of water to cook the lentils.
– For the tempering, heat the oil, splutter the mustard & curry leaves.
– Add the tempering into the lentil mixture & cook for about 5-6 whistles.
– Once cooled, mash the lentils little bit (for thickening); \
– Check n adjust the seasoning as required and Serve.