This is a South Indian preperation of baby potatoes & beet greens in a fiery, tangy peanut sauce.
- Baby Potatoes – 10 nos
- Beet Greens – 3 – 4 bunches
- Onions – 1 medium
- Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies – 6-7 nos
- Tamarind Concentrate – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder (optional )
- Turmeric Powder
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves
– Dry roast peanut & red chillies; Cool, Grind and keep;
– Heat oil, splutter tempering ingredients & saute the finely cut onions & turmeric.
– Add the peeled baby potatoes & add salt; give a nice stir;
– Once potatoes are almost done, put the cut beet greens;
– Add the ground peanut-chilli mixture, tamarind concentrate, salt & mix well;
– Now add some water, simmer & boil; Let it reach a desired consistency.
– Now, check & adjust seasoning;
* tastes good with plain rice;
* the curry should have a balanced taste of tamarind, red chillies & salt;