I have this habit of buying things, even if I don like them much. Reason is that they are healthy.
I would hope that I would start growing a liking for them or I may find an interesting way to eat them.
Soya chunks is one such thing. I like soya mince. Bu not the chunks, as i feel they don taste good. I was wondering what to do with the chunks I got ages ago, when a thought struck me. Why not try soya chunks in the palak paneer version, instead of paneer.
Result : I like soya chunks too….!!!
- 2-3 bunch Spinach / Palak
- 1 cup Soya Chunks
- 1 big Onion
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder
- Chilli Powder
- 2-3 pinches Turmeric Powder
– Bring water to boil in a vessel & put the cleaned Spinach leaves & allow it to wilt. Remove the leaves with a slotted spoon. Cool it & make a puree out of it.
– In the same water, add soy chunks & let it remain for 5-10 min. By that time they would have soaked in water n become bigger. Take them out & squeeze out the excess water in the chunks.
– Meanwhile, heat oil, add slit green chillies , thinly diced onion, salt, turmeric powder & saute.
– Once the onions are done add garlic paste , ginger paste & fry for a minute.
– Add the pureed spinach, the powders salt & cook for 2 minutes.
– Add the soya chunks give a good mix.
– Pour water for the required gravy & let it simmer.
– Cook for 5 minutes, check & adjust the seasoning.
** Let the chunks sit in the curry for at least 30 min for them to soak down the gravy. It tastes every bit nice.