Basically, I don like my main dishes to be sweetened. But, I’m changing that hard-rules a bit, so that I can experience many more wonderful eats.
Whenever I went to the groceries, I would pass this golden-hued beauty, see it out of the corner of my eye, admire its color and texture. Sometimes I would pick one fellow, thinking hard how to cook it, I would place him back in his place. I’m trying to cook more in the oven now. Just few days back, I tried making beetroot wafers, which backfired. Though I couldn’t fix it, I understood where it went wrong. Thats when it struck me, that I could roast Mr.Squash too. Googled for the basic process, cooking time etc. And I’m ready for it.
After tempting me for almost a year, Mr B Squash entered my kitchen, where it waited patiently for a week, to be paired with the fragrant rosemary. This vegetable is very new to me. I was skeptical about its taste, so din have much idea how to pair it with. I used a basic flavor here. Topped the roasted pieces with some ricotta cheese. I could say, it (din) helped to enhance the meal. But I must say, the next day when I had the leftovers, it was more tastier. As it is bit sweet, I may add more heat to this recipe, next time.
- 1 medium Butternut Squash
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pepper Powder
- Ricotta Cheese scrapes.
– Preheat the oven.
– Peel Mr B Squash, scoop the seeds and cut it into cubes.
– Take the cubes into a bowl, except cheese, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
– Foil a baking dish, put these squash cubes in a single layer and put it on the top rack and roast for 45 mins on 200C
– In between, take out the dish and give it a quick toss and continue.
– Once done, sprinkle some scraped ricotta cheese and enjoy.