The other day, I was wondering what to have for dinner, for me; Yep, just for me. I prefer not to have rice at night. I cook our breakfast, lunch and dinner. I cook 3 times a day; I cook my baby’s solid food too; I prefer it this way; I enjoy it this way. This wouldn’t mean that I spend my entire time in kitchen; During the working days…..I make very quick meals; On weekends I try to make bit elaborate recipes.
Also, Lunch would always be rice. Dinner would always be non-rice; We prefer it that way; My husband is much more compromising in this schedule. So the other day, I was thinking what to prepare for myself for dinner; I remembered a recipe with aubergine in a cook-book; A simple and quick and no-efforts one; I zeroed on it;
- 1 medium Aubergine
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
– Wash the aubergine, pat dry; Using a fork, pierce the aubergine here and there (optional, but recommended)
– Microwave it, for 10 minutes, till they soften up.
– Once cooled, using a knife, remove the skin carefully;
– Mash this flesh of aubergine with a fork to form a coarse paste. (As I did a bad work at this, I used a blender for this)
– Chop the garlic.
– Put, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice and mix well.
– Pour the olive oil into this mixture slowly and mix, till desired consistency is reached.
– Check and adjust the seasoning.
– Serve with bread.
** Next time, I would make it a point to chop the garlics more finely.
** As this is the 1st time I’m having this, I added the ingredients based upon my taste;