This is not the proper vegetable rice. Just a faker. When hubby asked for mirchi ka salan (he rarely demands anything….poor thing), I was all set for that. I wanted to make his meal a simple and special one. So I decided to make this rice. A flavorful one.
More vegetables also could be added if required. But since the star of the lunch is mirchi ka salan…. I did a simple rice to go with the star. And lemme tell you, the pair is a hit. We both ended up eating than our regular limit. Hmm…..I just wished sonny was big enough to enjoy these…….but no hurries…..let him take his own sweet time. 😉
I was mindful of everything, I did in the kitchen. and the pic must tell the truth. The perfectness is just to see.
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 Onion
- 3 medium Carrots
- fistful of Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp Ghee
– Heat the oil and ghee.
– Add the chopped onions, carrots, peas a bit of salt and saute well;
– When half done, add the chopped mint leaves.
– When almost done, add the washed rice and mix well for a minute, so that the rice grains are coated well with the oil n ghee.
– Pour enough water, check the seasoning and allow the rice cooker to do the rest.
– Give a mix in between once so that the vegetables don gather at the top.
– Once done, fluff with a fork and serve with a spicy gravy.