One afternoon, I was just playing with sonny, when I suddenly realized that I was missing something…..very dearly. Yep, I was missing Pasta. Almost 2 weeks, and none made their appearance on my plate. Hmm….well thats too much. So the dinner was decided.
There was the Tofu, which I bought and saved for days like these. Just made a simple recipe, a normal tomato base and then popped in some tofu cubes. Thats it. Hubby, who declared that he wasnt much hungry and wanted a teeny-weeny dinner, decided to have a 2nd round too. ;-). That always makes me so happy and proud. The food, I cook, has the power to change his appetite. Well, that’s a “WoW….!!! ” for me
I’m glad, I added Tofu in this, ‘cos, the next day, when I was brunching-on the leftover spaghetti, my 8-month-old tried to grab things. So I gave him a tiny bit of Tofu, which he immensely liked. He started jumping. So we just shared our food. Tofu for him, the rest for me. When, it was over li’l guy, felt sad….!!! I’m really happy when he does this.
- Spaghetti (for 2)
- 150 gm Tofu
- 1 big Onion
- 2 big Tomatoes
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 2-3 Green chilies
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree ( optional )
- 3-4 tbsp Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepper Powder
- Red chilli Powder ( optional )
- Olive Oil
– Cook the spaghetti, according to the given instructions; Once cooked, keep under running cold water for min, to stop it from cooking further; Drain it;
– Meanwhile cut the tofu into cubes. If you have the extra firm variety, may be you can saute them once, to brown the cubes over the edges. Take them onto a paper towel. For me, though I tried for 5 minutes, there was no browning happening on the sides. This step could be skipped as well.
– In a pan, saute the garlic and finely chopped green chillies, till golden brown; Add the chopped onions, a bit of salt and cook;
– Once the onions are done, add the finely chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, pepper powder, red chilli flakes ( you can cut the heat as per tolerance), stir well. Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the tomato puree and cook for a min.
– Add the tofu cubes and stir gently (to avoid breaking tofu) and check the seasoning.
– Put the drained spaghetti, finely chopped parsley, mozzarella cheese and give a good mix;
– Serve hot with a topping of mozzarella.
** I felt parsley could be chopped even finely, for my taste, as I feel they have a very strong flavour.
** Parsley and Tofu cn be substituted with Palak and Paneer, respectively. In that case, saute palak along with onions. Browning the Paneer can be done to enhance the taste or just omitted.