How do you relate Green with ??? I mean what comes into mind, when you hear Green ??? For me Green is a very positive colour. Yeah though Green symbolises ‘jealousy’ when it comes to emotions. Hmm….let me think of….Green is Life, Green is Health. Green is nature. Green is Goodness. Green is lovely round green-peas. Well now, lately, green is a healthy munch too.
It’s such an easy-‘peas’y recipe. Put everything in your cooker….let them cook. Mash it…..dash a couple of ingredients into it. Pattie-It…Put on the pan and brown it on both sides. Even for this also…..presence is not required. Arrange them on the pan….go play with your kid for 3-4 minutes (or whatever you can do in that gap). Turn them over…continue that 3-4 minute thing you did. Voila….!!! Its done…..!!! tasty crunchy-munchy potato-pea cakes on your plate. Oh My…..How much I love such simple and relaxing recipes.
- 6 medium Potatoes
- 2 cups Peas
- 4-5 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
– In a cooker add the potatoes, peas bit of salt, water and cook till 3-4 whistles.
– Once cooled, drain the potatoes and peas. Peel the potatoes.
– Meanwhile grind roughly or finely mince the green chillies and ginger.
– In a bowl, mash the potato-peas mixture. Add salt, ginger, green chilli, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
– Heat oil in a pan and take the potato mash and make it as patties or desired form and place it on the pan. Cook on ech side for 3-5 minutes or until browned and turn them over and cook again for 3-5 minutes.
– Serve them hot with ketchup or Imli chutney.
** Grating the boiled potatoes instead of mashing it results in lumpless mixture.
** While making the patties wetting the palms will avoid the mixture from sticking to hand.
** If the potato mixture is bit loose and do not hold shape then add bread-crumbs or rice flours or if you have time….refrigerate for 2 hours.
** Do the patties ahead and freeze it. Keeps good for 1 month. Anytime just pop them into the pan and cook it.
** Unless until you really don want it, don’t omit the ginger….!!! The aroma that comes when roasting it…..just yummy.
Sending it to Indrani’s Spotlight