When winter sets in invading the lights of our day pushing everyone into a lazy-mod…….hmm….How sad it is. I like Indian climate. Everything is bearable there. No extremes. Well here, I like snowfall most bout the winter. Waiting for this year’s, where may be I make the snow-man as daddy-sonny duo watch me.
Hmm……winters are excuse to make soups. Hot n light n easy n healthy n tasty too. 5 Good reasons I can make out. With the following recipe we started our soupy meals. Dinner time always clashes with sonny’s sleeping time. Though M takes care of it, sonny needs my finishing touch. So I put the pasta & everything and allowed it to simmer and went to put sonny to sleep By the time I returned there was very little stock in the soup. I din mind it. I din feel like repairing it. So it was a little less watery. But all the more good too.
Soup bowl warms the palms where as the contents warm up the body It was nice and good….!!!!!!!
|Preparation time : 5 min
Cooking time : 20 min
Serve with : any Crusty Bread etc
Serves : 2
- 1 cup Brown Lentils
- 1 cup Conchigliette /any Soup Pasta
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 medium Carrot
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Veg Stock Cube
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Crushed Pepper
- chopped Coriander Stems (to garnish)
– Pressure cook the brown lentils with some salt and enough water. Once cooked drain the lentils and reserve the water.
– In the same cooker, heat the butter and to it add the chopped garlic cloves, onion and carrot together. When cooked, add the pasta, stir for a minute and then add some water. Add salt, cooked lentils, veg stock cube, reserved lentil-cooked-water and allow it to simmer for 10-12 mins. Add more water if required
– Meanwhile beat the eggs, add salt. When the pasta is cooked al-dente then pour the beaten egg with a spoon and let simmer for 2 -3 minutes. Check & adjust the seasoning
– Serve it into warmed soup bowls; Dab it with some crushed peppercorn and some chopped coriander stems & serve hot.
Tips & Notes :
** If you don get soup pasta, then use break spaghetti into bits and use.
** Instead of eggs, chicken can also be used. In case using, cook it along with onions & carrots.
** Add more water as required. Any other vegetables can also be used.
** Canned brown lentils can also be used, then skip step one.