Thats one hot & spicy noodle we had for dinner. ( Had to dip it in water before giving to sonny who is 11 months old ). I used different flavors like ginger, garlic chives, coriander and fish sauce. And yep it was telling. When I don have time for dinner/nothing is planned then I prefer to prepare noodles. Pretty fast to cook, if good at chopping. I’m still at mastering the chopping-pretty-fast-skill.
But this recipe is faster than those sooper-speed noodles. As not much chopping is involved. Its only easy chopping and throwing in things. When I prepare something like this, I make sure that more veggies and things go in than the noodles or pasta or rice. Thats a good way of eating. Better than take-aways where you have more noodles and veggies are found here and there. Tastes much better too. I used vermicelli noodles and it was very light on the stomach.
In the picture my training-chopsticks are there. I really like seeing people eat using chopsticks. It would be swift yet so delicate. Using chopsticks was not as difficult as I assumed it to be. I ate my entire meal with it. Much improvement is needed though.
|Preparation time : 10 min
Cooking time : 10 min
Serves : 2
- Rice Vermicelli ( for 2 )
- 200 gm Baby Button Mushrooms
- 1 cup Shrimps
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 bunch Garlic Chives
- 1/2 bunch Spring Onions
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Red Chillie
- 3-4 Garlic pods
- 1 inch Ginger piece
- Coriander ( to garnish)
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce (optional)
- Sesame Oil
– Cook the vermicelli noodle as per the instructions on the pack.
– Meanwhile chop the whites of spring onions, garlic chives,carrot. Finely chop the garlic, ginger, green & red chilli.
– In a wok, heat a tsp of oil and break the eggs into it and scramble them as they are cooked. Once done, remove them into plate, and add the shrimps to the wok. Stir for a minute or two and remove them into the plate.
– In the same wok, pour some more sesame oil, add the chopped ginger, garlic, chillies, whites of spring onion and stir for 2 minutes. Now add the mushrooms, carrots, garlic chives and cook for another 2 minutes. Now add the sauces, cooked noodles, shrimps, scrambled eggs and mix really good.
– Check and adjust seasoning and garnish with coriander and chopped green parts of spring onions and serve hot.
** Add the salt only after mixing in the sauces. The sauces (specially fish) has some salt in them.
** Before adding the noodles, I roughly cut them using kitchen scissors so that they mix well. The last time I used them, they were like a single entangled mass and I had struggle mixing them.
** Use of sesame oil ensures a deep different flavor to the dish.
** Ginger just raises the taste of it to a different height.
** Do not wilt the coriander (as done in Indian cooking ). garnish them raw on the food.
** Can substitute the chillies with pepper powder. But I prefer the heat from chillies than pepper anytime.