Everyone says cooking chicken or non-veg is the most easiest. But I had to struggle for two years to get it right. Even now, I could say it is still getting better. This is one easy dish and what I would call a comfort food. It goes well with almost everything. Plain rice, Jeera rice or any flavoured rice, Rotis, into wraps. Or just prepare it take it into a bowl with some raw onions and lemon and just munch on it. It doesn’t have much gravy or masala in it. But that could be increased by increasing the ingredients quantity.
It’s a rich-comfort-food. Mind you….Its Cashews. But once in a while is never going to harm your body.
|Preparation time : 5 min
Cooking time : 20 min
Shelf Life : 2-3 days if refrigerated
- 400 gm Chicken breasts
- 1 big Onion
- 1/2 cup Coconut, grated
- 2/3 cup Cashewnuts
- 4 Green Chillies
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Kasoori Methi
– Clean and cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
– Slit the green chillies, chop the onions.
– Grind half the cashew nuts and the coconut into fine paste adding enough water.
– Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, when they brown and release the aroma, add the green chillies and the onions. cook till the onions become soft. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook nicely.
– Add the methi, coriander powder, and pepper powder and stir for a minute.
– To this add the chicken, salt and cook for 10 – 12 min. Add little water if required.
– While the chicken is cooking, in another pan roast the remaining half cashew-nuts. It would be quick so do take care not to burn.
– Once the water reduces add the ground paste and cook for 5-7 minutes.
– Take the chicken off the heat, check the seasoning. Add the roasted cashewnuts and coriander leaves, if using and give a good mix. Now Enjoy.
** I sometimes avoid kasoori methi. But that is totally optional.