A general browsing has landed me here and introduced a new salad to me…!!
I don waste much of food so this was the perfect recipe for me and I remember seeing a good many bunch of spinach at home. I remember, cos, now the kitchen is handed over to my mom. One more month and then I’m back to my loving kitchen. Yep, I do miss working in it and experimenting on myself and my family. ( Mom & Dad are here to support us as we had a li’l new born gal at home. She is 2 months old exactly for today)
Well not much blah…blah. here is the simple recipe.
This is the first time I’m making this dish. So I want to make it as simple as possible.
|Preparation time : 10 min
Cooking time : 10 min
Shelf Life : 2-3 days if refrigerated
- Spinach stems – As many as you could source
- Garlic Cloves – As many as you love
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
– Cut and clean the spinach stems under running water as much a possible. Make sure there is no dirt left.
– Drain the spinach stems for 10-15 min. Meanwhile thinly slice the garlic cloves.
– Steam it for 5 minutes. make sure its not soggy. Once done, remove it put it in a place.
– In a pan, heat the olive oil and then brown the garlic cloves in it.
– Take the lemon juice and add the salt and mix well. Pour over the cooked stem and give a quick toss. Now pour the olive oil along with the cloves onto the spinach stem and give a nice stir.
– Let it sit for few mins before serving it.
** A good glug of olive oil is going to flavour this dish.
** This innocent dish could be spiced up by adding a bit of crushed chillies.
** Adding pine nuts or walnuts or toasted almonds will give a nice crunch to this dish.
** Extra Indian – touch can by using chutney powders or spice mixes.
** Make sure the stems are not steamed to be soggy. let it have a li’l bit of life & crunch. I had a good bunch of the stems so I put it all to steam and went to the shop to buy lemon and chillies. And when I returned they were a bit soggy. Still tasted great.